Village Point Church was first known as Elk Grove Baptist Church. A small congregation started meeting for worship services back in August of 1958 in the Elk Grove Township Hall which was located, at that time, one block south of Higgins Road on Arlington Heights Road.
Elk Grove Baptist Church was organized and incorporated under the laws of the State of Illinois on February 11, 1959, and officially joined the Baptist General Conference denomination (now known as Converge) in September of 1959. Since that time, the church constructed its first building on Devon Ave. in Itasca, then moved into its current building on Beisner Rd., in Elk Grove Village. Worship services have taken place in various school buildings throughout Elk Grove Village during the months between construction projects.
However, Village Point Church's story is more than where we've met and the construction projects completed. It's a story of the many lives that have been changed and transformed by the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
On April 7, 2019, Elk Grove Baptist Church launched its new name: Village Point Church.
We praise God for His love and provision through the years, and look forward to what He has in store for us as we begin this new season as Village Point Church.